Shingo Masuda (born 1982) graduated from Musashino Art University and co-directs “Shingo Masuda + Katsunobu Otsubo” with Katsunobu Otsubo. He was a visiting professor at Cornell University in 2015, and has been an appointed as an associated professor at Meiji University since 2019. Major awards include:
– Gold Prize at the Japan Commerce Environment Design Association JCD Design Awards (2011)
– Second Prize at the AR Emerging Architecture Awards (2011)
– Gold Prize at the Japan Commerce Environment Design Association JCD Design Awards (2014)
– First Prize at the AR Emerging Architecture Awards (2011)
– 32nd Yoshioka Bunko Ikuei Prize (2016)
– 15th Venice Biennale International Architecture Exhibition, Special Recognition Award (Japan Pavilion) (2016)
Major exhibitions include “Is it really necessary (Sore wa hontou ni hitsuyo ka?)” (Shingo Masuda + Katsunobu Otsubo) at the TOTO Gallery (2020), and more. His Major publication is Shingo Masuda + Katsunobu Ohtsubo: “Adaptation”.
Wednesday, May 26, 2021
1:30pm – 2:15pm
Grand Hyatt Tokyo, Grand Ballroom
We highlight three emerging Japanese architects to watch for and look at the next generation of promising practices.